Rant: Hello Again

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wassup y0! Just a little update. I know I promised pics from Cuba, but that's old news now ... cheap way out, I know. If you really want to see, check out Nicole's profile on Facebook, she posted some good stuff. :)

Weather: 11 degrees and wet. Been like this the last two days too as we played softball (SPN). Hard to play when you are shivering like a leaf and have a wet taint.

Music: Hardly listening to anything lately. Too busy at work and haven't been in one spot long enough to turn on a radio. I did see a Biography Channel profile of Sarah McLaughlin the other week and pulled out some of her old tunes. You all should listen to her again for the first time! Amazing song writing. "Deep within I'm shaken by the violence of existing for only you ... I know I can't be with you. I do what I have to do."

Work: Work is moving along. The room is really into my architecture code now and I've been putting out a lot of bush fires in the code base. Lots of bugs to go around. I like to think, though, that the room sees all the changes as a positive thing. We'll see for sure when we ship the app to clients come December -- judgment day.

Softball: As I mentioned above, we are playing softball. Nicole and I actually put the team in ourselves. She's the manager, I'm the coach, or at least an excuse for one. It's not like I played a single sport until I hit 30. No joke. Anyway, we haven't won a game yet, but we are having a blast!

Stock Market: I've started playing with the stock market. Yes, good times, good times. The bad part is that I didn't actually have any money to invest, so I pulled from my line of credit, meaning to make a profit I have to cover both the LOC interest rate, and the commission fees on all my buys and sells. Haha, rough camp. It was looking bleak for a while, but I hit a few quick growers that made me a little coin. Recently I bought CVE:NWT at $0.86 a share and its working out for me really well, I'm up over a grand. I could lose it all tomorrow, but hey, that's how it goes. It looks really good though, and it's still worth the buy in my opinion. Consider this a stock tip!

Home: Home life is awesome! Nicole and I bought a cabin up Stony River last month. Visited it a couple times, but haven't had a chance to stay there yet. Looking forward to it. Also, we bought a block of land on Grenfell Estates! We are block 13, a nice long corner block. We'll be putting our current house up for sale soon, and are currently in the process of designing the House of our Dreams ™, version 1.0 (no one gets it right the first time). Self design too; using a program called Chief Architect 10 so we can ray trace a walkthrough to make sure we like the layout. Sweet software.

That's it for now. I might even post again soon, but no promises.

TPC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home